Monday, January 12, 2009

Yay for Yeast

Forgive me if I write something along the lines of a;sodi17777777777777777fa please, because Coconut is intent in helping me write this post and insists upon doing some of the typing.

The things I am thankful for today (now she's laying down on my arm, which makes typing even more fun!)

The work of Byron Katie - If you have never read Loving What Is and are looking for a way to cut down on the pain and suffering in your life and are willing to take responsibility for your own feelings, this book is FANTASTIC. I realized today that I needed a dose of it because I was getting stressed out and frazzled over nothing, literally.
My yeast finally worked - I am making bread by hand from scratch today and earlier I was really worried my yeast was too old or something because the sponge I made was not getting big and foamy like it was supposed to. Finally after I put it in the oven on warm it did what it was supposed to do. I was very thankful because I didn't have the yeast on hand to start over and try again.
I finally feel a bit better - I've been feeling on and off stressed and overwhelmed the last few days; worrying I wasn't getting enough done, thinking I should be doing more, fretting over the upcoming workshop and if anyone will come...but I think I've got things back in perspective now and I feel good.
My tears yesterday helped - I'm thankful that when I started crying in the parking lot of one of the places I was about to drop a flier off to that it didn't last long and did release some tension.
My emotions don't carry me away anymore - okay, once in a while they do, but generally these days I can see that I'm sad/grumpy/bratty/whatever and realize it's just a moment and not me and I don't need to descend further into misery or loneliness or whatever.
I have a fat grapefruit waiting for me - We bought some yummy looking grapefruits at the store yesterday and I'm about to tear into one after I finish this post...mmmmm
Things are being checked off my list - In my anxiety this morning I made a list of some things I wanted to do today, both home and work and personal and they are getting done at a good clip.
The sun is out! Always something to be thankful for, in my opinion.
Seatbelts - Reaching here, but I am thankful for them. In fact, I even wear them in parking lots when I'm just eating a cone from Dairy Queen. You know, just in case.
Sunglasses - It's much easier to avoid driving into the back of a dump truck when you can see where you're going...

The new year is in full swing...have you started thinking about what you're thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm grateful for your comment!