Monday, January 19, 2009

Activ-i-a!


No, I'm not thankful for Activia (I eat lots of fiber. I'm pretty regular) but I just heard the commercial and the little catchphrase song is in my head now. Some things I AM thankful for today:

1. Someone might come to my workshop! A former coworker, Christy, the same one who turned me onto the guided meditation classes, says she'll come if she can escape work. That makes me excited and nervous - I certainly need more people than her!
2. Snow! I'm actually excited about the few inches of snow we might get, mostly because I don't have to drive in it.
3. Nan - this is one of my coaching buddies in my life coaching program and we've been exchanging emails and she's going to send me something that she makes because we both make art. I'm glad we've met.
4. The way my budget looks - I'm a freak, I know, I love to look at my budget and see where I think I'll be spending money and how my finances look. And I'm happy to say I can go to the Martha Beck Life Coaches Conference in Chicago in July and go visit my other friend Christy in California (as long as I don't spend much money while I'm there!) and feel comfortable with how my savings are holding up.
5. My pedometer - I love my pedometer. I've had it about a year now and it's great for these cold wintry days when I don't necessarily feel super motivated to exercise. Knowing how close I am to 10,000 steps gets me to get up off my butt and walk around the house more.
6. The excitement of the nation - I am so thankful we all have something good to look forward to, our country really needs it right now.
7. My last job - I have been thinking about how positive experiences often stem from negative experiences. My last job opened my eyes to what I really wanted to do with my life, and I'm thankful for that.
8. Upcoming conference - the aforementioned Martha Beck conference - it's going to be amazing, I know it.
9. Bright red flowers - I just saw some on TV in front of the White House (summertime shot!) and they were stunning.
10. Hawaii last year - I'm so thankful I got to take my second trip to Hawaii last year and visit friends AND three different islands! I was there this time last year and even though I'm not going to Hawaii for three weeks, I am looking forward to my Florida Keys trip in about two weeks.

What are YOU thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm grateful for your comment!