Saturday, January 24, 2009

So Behind...Oh Well!


So what have I been doing instead of writing what I'm thankful for? Mostly being very involved in the books I got from the library the other day, dancing around my living room, and doing stuff related to becoming a life coach. I'm still very thankful and I listed 30 things here to get back on track!

1. Campfires. I love them, and in 8 days I'm going to be sitting in front of one!
2. Warm weather. It's warmer here and it will be SO nice and warm in Florida!
3. Saag Paneer. It's an Indian dish with cooked spinach and cubes of Paneer cheese. Growing up I DESPISED spinach. I never knew how much I loved it until about a year ago when I first had this dish. And I had it last night, mmmmm.
4. Martha's friendliness. Martha Beck, the author and my life coaching teacher's presence over the phone the other day during our session was amazing. I get to meet her in July!
5. Good Examples. When I wrote this I was referring to the Obama's. They seem to be great parents, so they are good examples to their children and other parents in the United States. They are in great shape and both workout, also a great example to the people of America. I just like them, and I'm thankful for them.
6. A real sense of connection. I'm just so thankful for the people I've gotten to know in my life coaching program so far.
7. Failures.
8. Brooke Castillo.
9. Tax stuff received - I'm so happy to have it all in my hands for this year's tax returns.
10. Joe does my taxes. I could write this one down for all 30 of my entries today. Joe, my step dad, had been doing my taxes for years, then I moved away from being near him. Since he and my mom moved to where I live, he's started doing them again AND I AM SO THANKFUL! I did them myself a couple times and although I love math and money, I hated all the rules and formulas.
11. Emiko.
12. Upcoming buddy session. Nan and I are coaching each other for the first time on Monday.
13. Cooking outside. Another perk of camping
14. No minimum. On my bank account that I was worried about.
15. I can eat ice cream.
16. Air conditioning. I'm not a huge fan of A/C, but if it gets hot at all in Florida when we're driving around we can turn it on in Anthony's van.
17. CD Player. Also a perk of his van.
18. Candlelight. Who doesn't like candlelight?
19. My evening out. I had fun last night.
20. Discounted Spanish tapes. B. Dalton at the mall had a 40% off everything sale going on.
21. Skype. Haven't used it yet, but it's free.
22. Kitties in the closet. Nola just wanted to go in the shoe and coat closet. She cracks me up.
23. Cat sitters. My mom and step dad are the best cat grandparents EVER.
24. Always away at the Superbowl. I should have written that I'm thankful for the growing tradition Anthony and I have accidentally started - always being on vacation when the Superbowl happens. In 2007 we were in Savannah, GA, I remember we ate dinner at this awesome Japanese place and the Superbowl was on - I had completely forgotten it was happening. In 2008 we were in Hawaii and I went to a Superbowl party while Anthony recuped from a scuba trip. This year we'll be in Florida, camping, nowhere near a TV. Who knows where we'll be next year...
25. Joey's Pancake House. Where I'll be having lunch in two hours!
26. Asheville. I love Asheville. Last night I was there and it was warm enough for the street musicians to be out.
27. A good night's sleep. Ooops, I think I've been thankful for this one before. Such a blessing though.
28. TAO. Stands for Transparency, Authenticity and Openness. The way Martha wants us to coach.
29. Learning.
30. Contact Lenses.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm grateful for your comment!