Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Getting All Patriotic

I don't normally use the word "patriotic" to describe myself, but today I feel that way for the first time in a long while.

Things I am thankful for on this Inauguration Day:

That this day is FINALLY here
That we have a brilliant man taking the highest office in the lane
That our country has come so far
That the results of this election regained the U.S. respect with some other nations
That I was home to watch this day unfold live
That I live in a democracy
For the words of inspiration from so many today
For my forgiving feelings towards the man who is George W. Bush (didn't know if I'd have those!)
That my choice for president finally won!
I have lived to see wonderful transformations in this country.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm grateful for your comment!