Tuesday, January 27, 2009

5 Short


Okay, today I only have five things in my journal that I'm thankful for. I'm hoping as I type more stuff will pour out of me. I'm in a low mood because even my makeshift workshop fell through, as one half of the team had to work late and one half really didn't have the energy for it. This also changed some of my other plans regarding errands I had to run in the big city where I was going for dinner. Changed plans tend to make me grumpy. I'm real mature like that.

So here's what I have so far:
1. I have a house. Today's the three year anniversary of the closing. I'm glad to be here.
2. Facebook. What a great way to reconnect with old friends and learn more about new friends.
3. Jillian Michaels. She's the chick from The Biggest Loser and she was on TV this morning. I've always liked her, but today she was asked about her own insecurities and she was open and honest about them. They pretty much mirrored my fears: failure and not being good enough. Come to think of it, I think that's every human's biggest fear.
4. Mmmm lunch. I started my list whilst I was making lunch, which involved some of my favorite foods.
5. The town I grew up in. I grew up on the coast of Connecticut, and it was a great place to grow up.

Okay, here's where I stopped, let's see what I can think of on the fly.

6. I faced my feelings today. I have had a few things that made me feel "off" starting this afternoon, and I've done a good job of writing down what I'm feeling instead of avoiding it or eating it.
7. My quiet night. The boy headed over to a friend's house, so it means a nice quiet night for me and my girls - once Nola Diablo comes inside.
8. Ingles gift card. Back in November my former place of employment gave out $50 gift cards for Thanksgiving, and I got one even though I had put in my resignation. Today I used it to stock up on canned and dry goods for my upcoming camping trip.
9. Our body's natural signals. I'm thankful that my body tells me what it needs and that I can listen.
10. Photographs. I want to see the world, but looking at pictures online and in books is a good substitute for now.

Okay, I did it, I'll add those into my journal for the day. Tomorrow is a new day, a busy day, and soon I'll be enjoying 70 degree weather. Oh the pleasures that will bring.

What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for the town I grew up in too :) But right now I am most thankful for the small round of funding my company just received

    ReplyDelete

I'm grateful for your comment!